The popularity of the tattoos among the British becomes ever greater fueled by celebrities such as David Beckham, Rihanna and Harry Styles from One Direction. Thousands of tattoo artists and fans of this kind of body art took part in the third edition of the Big Show of the tattoos in London.
On this occasion the Daily Star offers a look at the British obsession for the tattoos in numbers:
– One out of every five British people has a tattoo.
– 14% of the teachers in Britain have tattoos.
– 18 years is the legal age for tattooing in the country.
– 19% of the young Britons aged between 18 and 25 years have returning from holiday abroad with a tattoo.
– 28 years is the age of the Canadian Rick Genest, the whole body of whom is tattooed as a skeleton. The young man known as Rick the zombie or “Zombie boy” became famous after participating in the video for the song “Born This Way” of Lady Gaga.
– 29% of the British aged between 16 and 44 have a tattoo.
– 32 is the number of the tattoos of David Beckham. The former soccer player says he has no regrets about any of them, because each has its importance.
– 45% are the people with tattoos that have acquired the first of them at the age between 18 and 25 years.
– 57 – the number of the tattoos on the Iceman Oetzi who lived more than 5,000 years ago. While the contemporary body art fashion to be due to the sailors, the tattoos date back for millenniums and have been found even in the Egyptian mummies.
– 77% of the women believe that men with bizarre tattoos are more entertaining, according to the results of a recent study.
– 100% is the body coverage of Lucky Diamond Rich with tattoos. The 42-year-old New Zealander holds the Guinness record for the most tattooed man in the world. Rich has tattoos even on the eyelids, mouth and ears.
– 1500 is the number of the tattoo studios in the UK – twice more than a decade ago.
– 14,000 liras costs the rose tattooed on the buttocks of Cheryl Cole. The tattoo has been completed in 55 hours.
– 30,000 liras – so much has spent on body art the most tattooed person in the UK, the 34 year old Matthew Whelan.
– 50,000 liras – the annual earnings of the leading British tattooists.
– 1, 5 million – so many tattoos are done every year in the UK.
– 20 million – the number of the British people who have at least one tattoo.